September is the time to give your hedges that last trim before the winter. A good job now will last you through the harsh months. Evergreen hedges like Leyland, cypress, laurel, holly and so on will benefit from a cut now to allow them to harden off before the frost sets in.
Follow some simple tips to keep your hedges right through the next months.
1. Aim to keep the base of the hedge wider than the top so tilt out a little as you go down. This allow light to the base.
2. Keep in mind height and don’t block light from your house our your neighbour’s.
3. If sharing with a neighbour you can cut any branches on your side but make sure you ask permission to cut on their side.
4. Stay safe with appropriate equipment like goggles and protective clothing.
5. Don’t cut back too much and stop growth altogether.
Oakleaf Landscaping have been caring for gardens for over 15 years. We have grown to become one of the premier landscape gardeners in Dublin & Meath. For more information on our tree service, tree surgery, garden landscaping and garden maintenance contact us on 087 677 0480 or email email@example.com